Warmed up on A Walk in the Park (5.8). This was the farthest down on the south end I had ever been, beyond even Liberty Bell.
We did Thin Pockets (5.8+) again. The last time we did this it started raining on Malcolm halfway up! I believe Malcolm got the route clean this time. Quite runout at the start. Malcolm said he wished the route was longer.
Ghost Dancers (5.8) was next door. The start was a hard boulder problem, felt more like 5.10. I have read conflicting beta about where this route starts and how hard the various starts are, so perhaps I was "off route" just for the start. Malcolm got the whole route clean except the first few moves.
Both these two previous routes had interesting transitions from crimpy face climbing to cracks.
We did Bill's Route (5.8) again. Moving into the chimney/slot on this route is just so much fun. This climb has it all - cracks, chimney, face climbing, and slab.
All four of these routes felt harder than I expected. 5.8 at Sunset is legitimately challenging.
No comments:
Post a Comment