![]() |
| Facing the arrete to the right of Rape Conducive |
March 5, 2021
Went to T-Wall with Will. Beautiful morning that the weather service said should have been cloudy, but clouds didn't come until later in the afternoon. We made our way all the way to the end of the Orange Blossom wall to the Lost Blossom area.
We warmed up on Rape Conducive (5.8). This route was wet and dripping in several places which made it less fun. Also, I should have brought my #5 and an extra #4 cam. I felt like I didn't have enough large gear by the time I was only halfway up, because the crack was perfect hand-sized or slightly larger, and very uniform.
Next we climbed Intruders in the Dust (5.10), almost the last climb on the wall. This route was loads of fun. The crux near the bottom above the short roof and bolt was a big reach, and I needed to rest on the gear to figure out where to go after having tried the move a few times. The rest of the climb had good hands and plenty of feet.
We finished on People's Express (5.10-). The crux at the bottom roof was well protected by a #5 although a #4 would probably have worked just as well. I made a crux move up top out of what should have been an easy move because I apparently missed an undercling. Unfortunately, the worst part of the day came after I had already come down and belayed Will. While I was pulling the rope it became stuck in a tree, and when I pulled it harder and looked up, it came free and slapped me in the eye, scratching my cornea in the process. Gotta be more careful!
I would have enjoyed climbing more that day, but the injury to my eye cut our adventures short...

No comments:
Post a Comment