![]() |
| Malcolm with his first-ever set of crack gloves Malcolm and I drove to Sunset on April 18, 2021 for him to cut his teeth belaying me outside for the first time even. He also made and tried out his first set of crack gloves! We climbed Slipstream (5.6 or 5.7+ depending on the guide/site!) - This was a crack climb that had some serious cruxes for the grade! Bubble Bath (5.9) - Malcolm tried this but unfortunately didn't get very far. I climbed it on toprope to clean the anchors. One-Ten (5.6) - An enjoyable climb that Malcolm was finally able to get to the top of without takes. Copperhead (5.7[+?]) - This was short on pro which definitely made me uncomfortable. Also, I believe we started too far to the right, climbing through some lichen patches, and only traversed onto the proper climb near the top. There was no anchor, so I belayed Malcolm from above off of two trees and then rapped from the anchors on the climb to the right. |

No comments:
Post a Comment