August 4, 2025
Wes and I spent the last day of our trip cragging at City of Rocks. This place is huge, and filled with a wide variety of climbing from boulders, to sport, to trad. It reminded me a lot of Joshua Tree.
Stretch Marks (5.9) - I led. Starts in a tunnel. One hard move in a finger crack.
Intruding Dike (5.7) - I cleaned. Very fun. Easy climbing with a huge variety of hand and finger jams to just play around with at low angle.
Tide Country (5.10a) - I led. A bit runout at the start. Exciting but very secure jams in the overhanging roof, my rope got stuck in the crack (after surmounting the roof), and I was forced to downclimb to release it.
Interceptor (5.11a) - Wes led. Very good jams, but very overhung and very pumpy. Wes "wanted his mommy". Both of us sagged on the rope twice to get through the overhanging section. I struggled in particular with the transition from hand jams to fist jams.
| Kenton sinking his arm as deep as he can on Interceptor |
No comments:
Post a Comment