Monday, June 27, 2022

June Sunset Rock with Zach

June 25, 2022 trip to Sunset Rock with Zach
There was light rain in the morning, but the clouds kept the temps down to a tolerable level, and the heavy treecover above our first few climbs kept us dry enough (and the routes dry enough) that we could still climb.

Nuclear Blue (5.10a) - my lead, fell on a black totem at the crux.
Unleashed (5.11-) - toprope. I tried the route twice and fell at the crux both times.
Harassic Park (aka Devil Dog) (5.9) - Zach's lead, I followed.
Stan's Crack (5.8+) - I led the first pitch to set up a toprope for the next climb.
Toothpick (5.11b/c) - toprope. I fell at the crux the first time. I had been trying to grab at a sloper on the right wall rather than a positive sidepull to the left. I tried the route again and did it cleanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment