Monday, May 30, 2022

May Foster Falls with Bryan

 

Kenton on one of his many takes while ascending Bottled Up Warrior

Went to Foster Falls on May 29, 2022 with Bryan and his two sons Brendan and Aidan.

Narcissism (5.10b/c) - Hard for the grade. Top crack was cruxy.

Dihedral (5.9 trad) - A fun little climb in the corner.

Bottled Up Warrior (5.12b) - Crux clearing the big lower roof. I hung on the rope many times on this climb, but made it to the top eventually. This was fun.

Lynn's Route (5.11b) - The start of this felt quite hard to me, and I was glad to have stick-clipped the first bolt. I got nervous about taking a big swing (and potentially cutting the rope on an edge) when I was being lowered, so I kept a draw between me and the rope to my belayer the whole way down. Not my favorite climb.

Moonscape (5.10b) - Short, but not easy. Quite a hard move at the top. I ended up using an undercling and moving my feet high up to reach the last holds.

On The Side (5.8 trad) - Felt hard for 5.8 to me, I was struggling to place gear in the fist crack near the top. Many face holds looked good but weren't as good as they looked.


No comments:

Post a Comment