Left the house at 4:40 AM on Thursday, August 6, 2020 to arrive at the Cravens House parking lot at 6:30 AM. I could get used to doing this. The sun wasn't even up yet by the time I had arrived.
I climbed until about 1 PM with Andrea Hassler (SCC Director). We climbed
Bill's Route - a nice warmup with a tricky traverse under the roof halfway up.
R.J. Gold (5.9) - lots of fun. A balancy high-step up on the top face section near a lone bolt.
Jefferson Airplane (5.10a) - had to downclimb two moves to re-think my strategy in the tricky arching crack above the roof. I decided I needed to reach first with the left hand instead of with the right for the lower hold here so I could more easily lay back.
Scream Wall (5.10) [or was it Scream Wall Direct (5.10b PG13)?] - had a bouldery, thin start, but the holds were there. Tricky gear placements in the finger crack above that. Fun!
Alpha Omega (5.10b) - felt very hard to me. Andrea led this one. All kinds of crack: off-width, fist, hand, finger. Truly felt desperate for me at the top in a thin finger crack with smearing feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment