Sunday, February 4, 2024

February Tennessee Wall with Noel

 

Noel glances down near the start of Molly and Rocket

February 3, 2024

Sunday Gardening (5.8) - My lead. I don't think I had ever climbed this one before. It's a corner crack to a set of tiered roofs. There's a bit of vegetation in the middle of the climb. Some thought is required through the roofs.

Molly and Rocket (5.9-) - Noel's lead. The guidebook gives this 5.8(+?). It definitely feels harder than that to me.  Lots of fun. It's especially challenging getting out of the little cave.

Points O' Contact (5.10c) - Apparently I've followed this before, but I didn't remember it this time. I led it cautiously. I placed two nuts at the lip of the big roof to keep the rope from snagging in the crack. The real crux is higher up, about 2/3 of the way, where you transition slightly left from the finger crack and begin to stem between the two cracks. At the beginning of this a black alien works well - I placed it high and blind in the crack on the left, and when I checked it out after the move it looked solid. Bring more than 14 runners. A fun climb that felt very challenging at the grade.

Restless Pedestrian (5.8+) - Noel's lead. A short but fun hand crack with awkward feet.

Puppy Ride (5.9) - My lead. There is a crux (boulder problem) right at the start, and another one about 25 feet off the deck. Otherwise this climb is pretty chill, with great pro. It also is a rather long climb, lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment