Met John Cioci, one of Dave Hume's and Jack's friends, for the first time when I went to Denny Cove on April 30, 2023. I had to leave by 1:30 PM EDT to get back in time for dinner, so it was a quick session. Still, managed to get five pitches in.
Tossed Salad (5.11b) - I fell two thirds of the way up completely unexpectedly when my fingers slid off a key hold. This climb is pretty chill except for a relatively well defined cruxy sequence.
Gas Powered Flight (5.10d) - This climb was more fun than the first one I did. It is overhung at the start but with juggy holds. There are some crimpier moves near the top. Overall this climb had a lot to keep my interest the whole way.
Three Star Salad Bar (5.10a) - Entirely chill.
Magic Meat (5.12a/b) - I tried climbing this twice. The lower section is overhung but juggy. The upper section has two cruxes nearly back-to-back with small crimps. On my first attempt I hung on the rope, having missed a key hold. There is a small but positive crimp high on what at first appears to be a really bad sloper. It is impossible to see this crimp from below, but there is a large tick mark pointing it out. I needed to reach higher to hit the crimp than I tried on my first attempt. On my second attempt, I sent the first crux cleanly but fell at the second one. Here, the holds are again small and crimpy, but the move is completely doable as long as I get my feet high enough before cranking on the crimps. I forget to high step with my left foot the first time and fell.
No comments:
Post a Comment