Friday October 30, 2022
![]() |
| Malcolm touches the top of Rebuffat's Arete |
Rewritten (5.7) with Malcolm. I climbed the standard start, not the Great Zot alternate. Malcolm was apprehensive at the traverse on pitch 3 but climbed it easily once he got his courage up. Rebuffat's arete gave him all the excitement he needed for the day! Done in 4 pitches (1, 2, 3&4, 5&6). We were happy to have Derek's descent beta (see track on Strava), because some rockfall events have significantly altered the terrain back there.
Saturday November 1, 2022
![]() |
| Kenton after completing the pitch-one traverse on Rosy Crucifixion |
Rosy Crucifixion (5.10b) to Ruper (5.8+) with Derek. Rosy was a real challenge. With a stiffie I was able to clip the first bolt right at the start without much trouble. The traverse was pumpy and exhilarating, but doable. I stayed low the entire time. We combined pitches 1 and 2. The second pitch felt as hard as the first one to me, and I fell doing the very last sequence of moves to get up onto the belay ledge (I was protected by a solid #3 so it felt plenty safe here). The final pitch felt much easier. Tons of fun. We finished by simuling the upper pitches of Ruper, then walked down the East Slabs descent.


No comments:
Post a Comment