![]() |
| Kenton and Julie at the base of the Buffet Wall |
Went last-minute to Denny Cove on Sunday April 10, 2022 with Julie. Look at how we represent the Access Fund!
The temps were in the low 30's in the parking lot, but we were sweating in t-shirts by lunchtime. This is definitely a cold-weather crag. The Salad Bar and Buffet Wall areas where we were climbing face almost due south.
Three Star Salad Bar (5.9) - warmup.
Casa de Condimientos (5.10c/d) - This has a thin crux in the middle, I used a thin undercling to move through it.
Tossed Salad (5.10d) - I moved left instead of right through the middle crux section, and I think this was the harder way.
Pressure Cooker (5.12a) - The bottom felt relatively easy. The top was hard with thin crimps and side pulls. I hung on the rope once or twice.
Canned Heat (5.12a) - There was a hard crux in the middle, where there were thin hands with almost no fee. I hung and/or fell on the rope several times here.
Pestilence (5.11b) - This felt super hard for the grade. Near the top there is a slabby crux. Rather than trying to move through it, I traversed a few feet to the left where it was rather chossy but the holds were large. This was a mistake. I ended up pulling off a large block (maybe 1-2 feet in diameter) which went crashing down onto the hiking trail, and I feel about 30 feet or more before Julie caught me softly. Nobody was hurt, but it gave me second thoughts about climbing near choss again!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment