| Zach ties in at the base of In Pursuit of Excellence |
February 20, 2022. Climbed with Zach at T-Wall.
Mad Hatter (5.9) - Warmup. Zach's lead.
Multiple Use Area (5.9) - Toprope (shares anchors with Mad Hatter).
Prerequisite for Excellence (5.8) - Toprope (shares anchors with Mad Hatter).
Love Handle (5.10) - My lead. Lots of fun. Sling through the handle. Tricky face climbing above the handle. Then a chill roof.
Infinite Pursuit (5.10c) - Zach's lead.
No More Tiers (5.11a) - My lead! Only my second time leading 5.11 on trad. This route pushed me, especially through the final roof, both physically and mentally. But I managed to hold it together (there are plenty of rests) and do it cleanly. We linked both "pitches" (there is a large ledge in the middle of the climb). It was a hard lie back rock over to pull the first roof off the deck. Then a beautiful finger crack to the top of "pitch 1". From there it was a thin finger crack which I fell on during my first attempt. I lowered back to the ledge at the "start of pitch 2" and then led it clean to the top. It ends with a long series of tiered roofs. These are not particularly difficult, but it is a long and pumpy stretch of climbing, and at times it wasn't easy to see where the next jug was, so I would need to place gear high to trust that I could go up to explore further for good holds.
In Pursuit of Excellence (5.9+) - Zach's lead.
Dirt Bag (5.8) - Our cooldown on toprope (shares anchor with Pursuit). This felt hard for 5.8. Was I just tired after the rest of the day?
No comments:
Post a Comment