Saturday, December 21, 2019

December 2019 Tennessee Wall

Zach and Jacob ready to climb!
December 8, 2019. T-Wall. Zach (southeast regional director for Access Fund) and Jacob. Weather was cool but not cold, clouds held off until the afternoon.


Warmup: Jacob on Puppy Ride (5.9). Easy overall with a bouldery start (Zach liked to call these bouldery starts "paying the T-Wall Tax").

2nd: Finger Lockin' Good (5.10b/c). I finally led this cleanly!!! I definitely felt as if I could fall in a few places, but I kept my head together and kept moving. Protection is very good on this route. Thin crack climbing down low with face climbing closer to the top.

3rd: Zach led Points O' Contact (5.10c). This was a very solid lead which followed a line up a corner, through a roof, and up another crack on the face.

Zach under the roof on Points O' Contact

4th: Jacob led In Pursuit of Excellence (5.9+) with grace and style. I actually slipped and fell 2/3 of the way up while following him when my foot "hit a banana peel".

5th: I led Finagle (5.9). This was a short climb with another T-Wall Tax. I actually campused a few moves at the start. It transitioned to thin cracks near the top. I placed 2-3 thin nuts on this route. We only did the first pitch.

Kenton 2/3 of the way up Finagle



No comments:

Post a Comment