![]() |
| Malcolm on the start of Plastic Toys |
Malcolm, Adam, and I climbed four moderates at T-Wall on Sunday, February 3. We chose to only do easy climbs in the hope that Malcolm could get up them. He did manage to make it up three of the four, only hanging on the rope a few times, and he made it halfway up the fourth. He's definitely getting stronger and improving his technique!
Motor Boatin' S.O.B. (5.6) - Our warmup. A bit chossy, but still worthwhile at the grade.
Plastic Toys (5.7) - The start is so much fun. You have to step across onto the main wall after climbing up onto a big boulder (see Malcolm in photo). I almost got off route halfway up by going to the right into 5.9 territory, but Adam clued me in and I backtracked.
Nappy (5.7) - Straightforward
Sunday Gardening (5.8) - This was tons of fun until I was 2/3 of the way from the top. At this point I hit a blocky roof and didn't really know which way to go. In the end, I trended up and left across a lichen-covered face to some anchors, but they seemed a bit off route.

No comments:
Post a Comment