![]() | |
| Malcolm making his way up Saturated |
![]() |
| Malcolm on the start of Bear Mountain Picnic |
On September 9, we were supposed to all return for another full day of climbing, but Phillip and Malcolm weren't feeling well, so I was the only one to head back out. Jacob, Kellett, and their friends met me in the parking lot, and we hiked the 45-minute approach to a different area, the Red Light District. We warmed up on Pocket Pool (5.9), where I had some difficulty deciding exactly where the route was supposed to go. Did it go straight up the face, which felt more like 5.11, or did it make use of the shallow corner to the left, which made it feel more like the 5.9? In the end I chose the latter. Then we started on Mrs. Treated (5.11a). Unfortunately, it started raining pretty hard right after I pulled through the tricky mantle move, and I was forced to bail, lowering off an old carabiner.
The hike back to the car was long and very wet. Too bad!


No comments:
Post a Comment