Tuesday, April 14, 2026

Red River Gorge April 2026 with Dave

On Saturday April 11, 2026 we went to Long Wall at the Red River Gorge. We did three trad climbs and a sport route.


Autumn (5.9) - A beautiful hand crack the entire way in a shallow corner. The crux comes when it kicks back and you're forced to use foot jams.

Rock Wars (5.10a) - Quite a few hard moves between good stances in a shallow corner. Fingers to small hands in this crack. A good bit of smearing. Overall an awesome climb!

The Gift (5.12a/b) - A sport climb, I followed on top rope. Very hard moves on thin holds. The most memorable crux is where the wall kicks back. I had to step as high as I could while holding onto underclings, then reach high high high above my head to a decent hold with the left hand. After matching on this hold, I moved left to a bigger jug. I didn't fall at this move, but after making it I was almost hanging on the rope after every move from there to the top, simply because I was getting so gassed. By the time I had reached the top, my right index finger was bleeding again.

Vector Trouble (5.10a) - Easy hand crack moving into a harder finger crack. The finger crack is wider than it looks in places from the bottom. The climb is capped off by a mini chimney. Lots of fun!

Kenton works his way through the crux on Rock Wars



No comments:

Post a Comment